What T.I. and Ben Bernanke Have In Common

Posted 9/24/2008 by smartblackboy in Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


T.I. is one of the best rappers of his generation, the undisputed King of the South.

Earlier this summer I was lamenting that it felt weird to not have a T.I. anthem blasting non-stop on the radio.

But just when I counted T.I. out - he delivered with the hit single "Whatever You Like".

Chairman Ben Bernanke is the T.I. of the financial game.

Watching him today at his joint Congressional hearing was inspirational - game personified.

In fact here is an unofficial transcript of what transpired:

Sen. Schumer: Chairman Bernanke what will you tell companies who are trying to get this Federal bailout money?

Bernanke: Well Senator at the Fed I think it basically boils down to this: Anytime you want to, pick up the telephone, you know it ain't nothin', drop a couple stacks on you.

Rep. Paul: Chairman does this apply to companies illiquid assets such as the complicated mortgage bundles that have got us into this mess?

Bernanke: Yes representative. Once Congress approves this bailout we will act swiftly and decisively to bring stability to our financial systems. We will send Wall Street this message:
You want it, I got it, go get it, I buy it, Tell them other broke niggas be quiet [hey!]

Sen. Dodd: My constituents have great concern about their tax money going to bail out companies just so the CEO's of these same companies can get golden parachutes. What do you have to say about this?

Bernanke: Well as a former Wall Street executive I remember the days of 100K deposits, vacations in the tropics, Everybody know it ain't trickin' if you got it, And you ain't never ever gotta go in yo' wallet, Long as I got rubberband banks in my pocket,
Five, six rides with rims and a bodykit, You ain't gotta downgrade, you can get what I get.

Sen. Dodd: Excuse me Chairman!?

Bernanke: I am sorry Senator. I don't think CEO's should get away with golden parachutes, however, we must get this measure passed as quickly as possible.

Rep. Barton: So you think it is a good idea to have more regulation, accountability for Secretary Paulson, and an equity stake for the American people in the companies that we help bailout?

Bernanke: Well as I have said repeatedly it is the job of Congress to make these decisions. I just urge you to move quickly before our financial situation worsens.

Sen. Reed: Chairman Bernanke do you support or oppose these reforms to the proposal?

Bernanke: Senator, I said you can have whatever you like [if you like]

Rep. Boehner: And what will you tell Wall Street if we approve these reforms?

Bernanke: I will tell Wall Street you can have whatever you like [if you like], yeah [yeah]...





0 comment(s) to... “What T.I. and Ben Bernanke Have In Common”

0 comments:


Free Blog Counter