Waltz with Bashir

Posted 3/01/2009 by Anonymous in

Ok...I know Oscar season is over, but this is a nominated feature (Best Foreign Film) that you should still check out.

The film follows director Ari Folman, who is trying to remember his involvement in the 1982 Lebanon War with the Israel Defense Forces. He conducts a series of interview with fellow soldiers and colleagues who fought right along side him. It is only towards the end when he recalls the pain and suffering caused by this war.

I really enjoyed this stylized film for its animation and touching story. I didn't know much about the war involving IDF, Phalangist Christians and the Palestinian Refugees. What I found out haunted me.

*Helpful Hint* I would wikipedia the 1982 Lebanon War to keep you up to speed with what happened before you see the film.

0 comment(s) to... “Waltz with Bashir”

0 comments:


Free Blog Counter