Remembering 9/11

Posted 9/11/2008 by thewhitechuck in Labels: , ,

Today was the anniversary of 9/11.

For the first time since it happened I watched recordings of the live footage - watched how it unfurled.

I couldn't help remembering where I was when it happened.

We all have our stories.

I was in class and watched the second plane hit, like many Americans, live on television.

For many of us growing up in that time - 9/11 was the defining moment of our generation.

It is our Pearl Harbor.

A moment that so wounded our nation's psyche, that seven years later we haven't even begun to get over it.

It was a day that has transformed our country almost beyond recognition.

Imagine how different life would be if 9/11 hadn't happened.

Just try to even conceive of that counter factual.

Today I watched those towers burn again, smoke still pushing out, and couldn't help but wonder if this is what hell is like. If we will always have nightmare's of towers falling. How years later, hundreds of thousands of people from around the world are dead and dying, that this is what a pinpointed act of hatred can cause.

That if you are an American, and you can sit and watch those towers on fire, blooming with black smoke, and not think "this is evil", then there is something wrong with you.

And I know our liberal readers might take offense to that. I know some might feel that we had it coming, and even that it was a reasonable action from the terrorist perspective. You might think that it was all a hoax, an inside job, that we will never know what really happened.I know the arguments, I might even agree with them from time to time.

But when I watched those towers fall again today - I cried.

I cried.

and I cried.

There was no other choice.

0 comment(s) to... “Remembering 9/11”

0 comments:


Free Blog Counter